Societas Imperialis Sceptri Coronaeque

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Societas Imperialis Sceptri Coronaeque

The Imperial Society of Scepter and Crown.

Sermons, written by Kazuma Ry

Kazuma Ry
    Kazuma Ry

Sermons, written by Kazuma Ry Empty Sermons, written by Kazuma Ry

Post by Kazuma Ry Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:42 pm

The following sermons, are those that I wrote and preached while I served with the Knighthood of the Merciful Crown. I felt that I should bring these writing here, so that others may read them.

If I write more, I will add them to this posting.

~ Kazuma

Last edited by Kazuma Ry on Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Kazuma Ry
    Kazuma Ry

Sermons, written by Kazuma Ry Empty Re: Sermons, written by Kazuma Ry

Post by Kazuma Ry Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:42 pm

Sermon #1 - Sacrifice of Fellowship

Today Brothers and Sisters, I wish to talk about Sacrifice.  
    When we sacrifice a fellowship offering to God, sacrifice it in such a way that it will be accepted on behalf of you and all that you command over.
    In both war and peace, sacrifices are made; these are made in the name of friendship, honor, and loyalty.  While we are at war with terrorists and heathens, our comrades make sacrifices that we don’t understand currently. They do not make such things lightly and we must have faith that they do this to better themselves. But any sacrifice made that does not follow the path towards God is a grave sin.

"To know the true path, but yet, to never follow it. That is possibly the gravest sin"
    - The Scriptures, Book of Missions 13:21

Do not go out and make a sacrifice unless all your faith is behind it. We must strive to become chosen of God. To be both his instrument of death and salvation.

"Rejoice, o chosen of God"
    For our blood fills this Valley of Death,
    Proclaiming our sacrifice to God,
    And he shall raise it up for all time"

- The Scriptures, Saint Junip 15:11

For all the glory and all the honor. Victory is upon us as long as we have faith in our hearts.

Last edited by Kazuma Ry on Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Kazuma Ry
    Kazuma Ry

Post by Kazuma Ry Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:43 pm

Sermon #2 -- Divine Illumination

Brothers and Sister, Citizens of the Empire, Children of God.

Does following Scriptures tell you that God’s power is to provide whatever we need?
    Does following Scriptures tell you that God really cares and loves the truly faithful?
    Does following Scriptures tell you that, if God can do that, then there is nothing that God can’t do?
    Does following Scriptures tell you that God didn’t stop creating but is still creating today?

Ask yourself these questions, and see what answer your soul gives you.

How often do we witness a miracle and don’t even see it as a miracle? How often does the Hand of God move in our lives and we don’t even see Him at work? How much do we miss because we not looking for it? The Lord still moves in the lives of His people but how often do his people even recognize what He is doing?
    The fact is, that unless we are paying attention to what is happening, and unless through pray to open our minds to see what the Lord is doing, then we may not see anything at all. Human beings require a special divine assistance in their ordinary cognitive activities, without God in our heart and minds, we would fail at the tasks set upon us.
    For most people today it is hard to take divine illumination seriously, hard to view it as anything other than a quaint relic. To these people, I would question their faith, question their commitment to God, question their commitment to the Empire. The mind needs to be enlightened by light from outside itself, so that it can participate in truth. The Lord will light the lamp within the mind. Give light to the mind. Allows us through devotion and prayer to see his wisdom, his truth.
    When I speak the truth, I do not teach someone who sees these truths. For he is taught not by my words but by the things themselves made manifest within when God discloses them.

None other than you is teacher of the truth, wherever and from whatever source it is manifest.

Lord, light the lamp within the minds. Give them the truth that you have bestowed upon those that are faithful to you. Amen

Last edited by Kazuma Ry on Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:46 pm; edited 3 times in total
    Kazuma Ry
    Kazuma Ry

Post by Kazuma Ry Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:44 pm

Sermon #3 – Renewing our Commitment to God
    Today Brothers and Sisters, I wish to talk about renewing our commitment to God.

Only through many hardships
    Is a man stripped to his very foundations
    And in such a state
    Devoid of distractions
    Is his soul free to soar
    And in this
    He is closest to God

- The Scriptures, Book of Missions Verses 42:5

'I will not hesitate when the test of Faith finds me, for only the strongest conviction will open the gates of paradise. My Faith in you is absolute; my sword is Yours, My God, and Your will guides me now and for all eternity.'

-The Prophet Kuria, 'Paladins Creed'

How easy it is to forget all the good that God has done for us! During these 40 days, we'll be tempted many times to turn our backs on the Scriptures that we follow to draw us closer to God. If we simply persevere, however, the reward will be great: the grace that comes from dedicating our lives to God.
    Amarrians contemplative prayer is not detached from the world. Instead it is "a deep longing or attachment with all our heart, mind, soul and strength and all our being for God." Subsequently the Amarrian is also attached to all other created things with a love which flows from his primary attachment and longing for the Creator himself. The pure Amarrian heart is "detached" from created things not because he despises them, but because he loves their Creator more.
    Morality boils down to love: loving God and loving our neighbors. If we truly love God (who himself is love) and neighbor, then our behavior toward ourselves and others will reflect this commitment. What I am trying to teach is that we are to strive for holiness and perfection; however, this is only accomplished with the help of God's grace. I believe that we are called to turn from evil, and towards the good. This means turning away from actions and thoughts that are contrary to God's will. Turning toward the good means developing virtue, which is a habitual and firm disposition to do good. These good deeds are as follows:

The Corporal Works of Mercy
    1. Feeding the hungry
    2. Giving drink to the thirsty
    3. Clothing the naked
    4. Sheltering the homeless
    5. Visiting the sick
    6. Visiting the imprisoned
    7. Burying the dead
    The Spiritual Works of Mercy
    1. Admonishing the sinner
    2. Instructing the ignorant
    3. Counseling the doubtful