Societas Imperialis Sceptri Coronaeque

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Societas Imperialis Sceptri Coronaeque

The Imperial Society of Scepter and Crown.

RP - A Prayer Before Battle (Johanes Beaumonte)

Lunarisse Aspenstar
    Lunarisse Aspenstar

RP - A Prayer Before Battle (Johanes Beaumonte) Empty RP - A Prayer Before Battle (Johanes Beaumonte)

Post by Lunarisse Aspenstar Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:05 pm

--------------------------------
    A Prayer Before Battle
    Sent: 2014.03.25 19:23
    To: Societas Imperialis Sceptri Coronaeque,

As part of my training for the clergy, I was asked to prepare some simple prayers to perspire our brave crews. I thought I'd share!

***A Spaceman's Prayer***

God, spare us this day and allow us to live to perform our Duty.

Please, God, don't let any of the airlocks blow out, causing us to be sucked screaming soundlessly into the cold void of space.

Please, God, ensure that our capacitator remains charged, so that our environmental systems, old as they are, may continue to operate through another day of labor and sustain our current lives, short as they may likely be.

Please, God, let the warp engines continue to function a few more days, even though the Engineer says they are shot, so that they won't terminally overload and prematurely blow us all into Your arms (well, not me, I am a capsuleer! but I digress); we love you but we want to see our families again some day.

Please, God, keep our guns from overloading and exploding, rendering the interior of our ship a hellish pyre, bringing death to us instead of our enemies and foes,

Please, God, if you could maybe see clear to keeping the afterburners on-line? If we don't have them, we can't make our acceleration back home, and we'll drift in space, a derelict, until the systems begin to fail and the power runs out and the air gets foul and we all start eating each other .

Please, God, I noticed we warp through planets and ships all the time.  Please  don't let us slam into any celestial bodies, our souls to drift helplessly through the deeps of space as our families wonder what disaster has overtaken us and left us,  God, bereft and alone, among the stars.

Please, God, let us keep Local.  If not, when disaster strikes, we won't be able to send out a distress call that will be picked up. We don't want to die, God, drifting through the empty blackness of the New Eden, our bodies shriveled by vacuum, fighting like rabid furriers, God, over the compartments that still have air.

Amarr Victor, Amen.

((with apologies to David Weber and John Ringo's "A Ship Named Francis"))

Lunarisse Aspenstar
    Lunarisse Aspenstar

RP - A Prayer Before Battle (Johanes Beaumonte) Empty Re: RP - A Prayer Before Battle (Johanes Beaumonte)

Post by Lunarisse Aspenstar Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:06 pm

Re: A Prayer Before Battle
    Sent: 2014.03.25 20:34

*Lunarisse can be seen holding her hands in her head like she has a migraine*

"Uncle", she says in a strained voice," I think the seminary asked you prepare a prayer to INSPIRE the crews, not make them PERSPIRE!  I think ,aybe you need more time in the seminary....."

*Lunarisse disconnects*

Last edited by Lunarisse Aspenstar on Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Lunarisse Aspenstar
    Lunarisse Aspenstar

RP - A Prayer Before Battle (Johanes Beaumonte) Empty Re: RP - A Prayer Before Battle (Johanes Beaumonte)

Post by Lunarisse Aspenstar Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:08 pm

Re: Re: A Prayer Before Battle
    Sent: 2014.03.25 20:37

Give the man a pause and try to be a bit more encouraging.

Last edited by Lunarisse Aspenstar on Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Lunarisse Aspenstar
    Lunarisse Aspenstar

Re: Re: Re: A Prayer Before Battle
    Sent: 2014.03.25 20:43

You all know I'm going to suggest shore leave with plenty of whiskey don't you.

Because thats exactly what I suggest.

Lucas

Lunarisse Aspenstar
    Lunarisse Aspenstar

Sent: 2014.03.25 20:46

Who said prayer and whiskey don't mix? It's all about spirit-uality.

Last edited by Lunarisse Aspenstar on Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Lunarisse Aspenstar
    Lunarisse Aspenstar

Post by Lunarisse Aspenstar Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:10 pm

Sent: 2014.03.26 06:12
    To: Societas Imperialis Sceptri Coronaeque, Johanes Beaumonte,

Dear Mr Beaumonte,

That is certainly quite a prayer and I do belive it will make any prospective pilot or crew perspire profusley for fear of the inevitable disaster it conjours in ones mind. May I suggest something a wee bit stronger on serving the lords work and a bit less about ones ship falling apart at any moment.

This may serve to inspire them to fly to the cause rather than this which may cause them to hide in the bowels of a station praying for deliverance. Although on that thought maybe you have actually completed the excercise as intended!

Kind Regards

Reinheart
    Lunarisse Aspenstar
    Lunarisse Aspenstar

Post by Lunarisse Aspenstar Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:11 pm

Sent: 2014.03.25 20:05

Please, God, help Johannes solve his ship maintenance and crew morale problems.
    Lunarisse Aspenstar
    Lunarisse Aspenstar

Post by Lunarisse Aspenstar Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:12 pm

Sent: 2014.03.25 20:25

Prayers can be quite successful in solving those problems. I liked the prayer.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:46 am